Lost-foam Casting Line
Posted by Vico Casting at 17/11/2021
Lost-foam casting technology is the leading modern and advanced casting technology in Vietnam today with many outstanding advantages compared to traditional methods.
Lost-foam casting technology: is a modern technology and newer than traditional technology.
Stages as below:
1. Preparation stage:
a. Mold making step:
– Cut styrofoam to make molds
– Attach the foam mold to the feeder
– Paint the mold with a layer of special paint (anti-collapse when sand is inserted, high temperature resistant)
– Dry the paint layer
b. Steel melting step:
– Mix steel materials with other additives to put into the furnace
2. Casting stage:
– Put the mold in the sandbox
– Pour the melted ingredients into the mold through the mold funnels
– Vacuum to make the mold firm
– Wait for the product to freeze
– Remove the product from the sand tank to cool and clean (by a blower to clean the surface paint on the product)
3. Heat-treatment stage:
– Transfer the product into furnace after finishing casting.
4. Machining and completing stage:
– Detach the product from the feeder
– Grind, polish products or machine, turn details
– Stock the finished product.
5. Testing stage:
– Products during the melting stage are sampled and tested to determine the mechanical properties of the product, analyze the grain texture inside the product (by modern spectrophotometer).
Advantages of Lost-foam Casting Technology: High-accuracy castings significantly reduce the need for additional machining after the casting stage, reduce environmental pollution, and reduce costs of material consumed when making molds.