Vacuum Casting System
Posted by Vico Casting Export Company Limited at 30/12/2019
Vacuum casting technology is the leading modern and advanced casting technology in Vietnam today with many outstanding advantages compared to traditional methods.
Vacuum casting technology : a modern and newer technology than traditional methods.
a. Pattern making
– Cut styrofoam to make mold
– Attach the foam mold to the beans
– Paint the mold with a layer of special paint (anti-collapse when sand is inserted, heat resistent)
– Dry the paint layer
– Mix steel materials with additives and load into the furnace
– Put the mold in the sandbox
– Pour the melted ingredients into the mold through mold funnels
– Vacuum to make the mold firm
– Wait for solidification
– Remove the product from the sandbox to cool and clean (with a shot blasting machine to clean the surface paint on the product)
Vacuum Casting Process
– The product is moved to a heat treatment furnace after casting
4. Machining, finishing
– Remove product from mold
– Grind, polish products or processing, turning
– Put in warehouse
– Products are tested during production to determine the mechanical properties of the product, analyze the grain texture inside the product (by a modern spectrometer).
Advantages of vacuum casting technology : High-precision casting that greatly reduces the need for additional processing after the casting process, reduces ollution, and reduces the cost of consuming raw materials when making molds.